Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Heavenly Father's sense of humor makes us more like him than we realize

Oh yes..that's right..hehe. Our Father in Heaven definitely has a sense of humor (we all know this) however, even in the Temple.
This is why I think such, yesterday Nov 4th I went to the Salt Lake Temple, like I do every Tuesday, and I decided that I would do Baptisms, I haven't done them in over 10 years, and I thought it would be a great thing to do, as I'm so blessed to do the other work.
I went in and there was a very large group of Mutual age young people (don't call them kids, they get offended..hehe) and I had the slight thought of going and doing initatories instead. Alas...I stayed, I got my clothing and changed, as I was alone, the Brethren decided they'd have me go first, I was fine either way. So, I go into the room to do the Confirmations, and as I sit, the zipper unraveled...yes...came apart, not ripped, unsewed itself...I shot straight up, they said..sister are you ok? My face was sooo Red, and I said, yes and no, I uhm need to go..they smiled and showed me out, I went and got a new suite and was so embarrassed, but the Sisters are so great and made me feel better (as best as I could I was still mortified) I put on the other one, and it was the wrong size, so there I was in the dilemma again, so another sister went and got me a few other ones to try. Finaly, with the right size, and my face turning back to the normal color, I went back out. Well, by that time, the entire group was out waiting for Confirmations, so I waited and that was fine with me because there is no better place in the world to have to "wait" then the Temple. I looked down, and I had forgot my key, so I again, had to get up and leave. I came back down and waited again.
I then did 10 Confirmations, and was informed that there was another very large group coming in, and they'd like to have me go with the other group and be in front for Baptisms.
I felt really bad "cutting" in front of them, but as I sat by some Young Women, I felt very blessed to be in their presence and I know that they are wonderful Daughters of God. I told them that I hadn't been there in a long time, as I sat there waiting, the one girl said..oh, you can go up to that chair now, and you can put your socks in the basket, it was so very sweet.
Even with the embarrassment I felt, I didn't get upset or frustrated like I may have in the world, I found it funny (after I was embarrassed).
Our Heavenly Father is a wonderful and wise man, he also is like us more than we know, he has a sense of humor, he hurts, he loves he cares..we need to remember that we are indeed not alone, and for that I am Thankful.

1 comment:

Leah and James Bangert Family said...

You are so right about Heavenly Father's sense of humor. I am always warning my husband not to say certain things out loud because Heavenly Father will hear and make it happen...
I am pleased that you handled such an embarrasing situation so well. Again, you are right, it is easier to deal with things like that in the Temple then in the world.