Thursday, March 5, 2009

*Insert Whitty Title Here*

Well, again, it’s been a while, but here’s the latest. First, I was very excited to visit with my cousin Elaine last month while she was here in good ole’ Utah visiting her family. It was so nice to see you Elaine…and your boys are so cute and BIG..wow they grow fast!
It was also nice to see Uncle Don and Aunt Heidi and catch up.
Work is work, and i’m grateful that I have a job, so even on the stressful days, I won’t complain (ok, not too much anyhow)
Things are good on the home front, Mom, Dad and Becky are all well. Ryan got his orders, he will be going to Whitman Air Force Base in Missouri, we’re sad that he won’t be home here in Utah, but at least Missouri is closer than England! He and the family will arrive in August for his assignment. We’re looking forward to a visit before they settle.
My callings are good, I have new kids and they’re great. I’m still adjusting to the Single Adult calling, and not liking it as much as I could I suppose, I’m just frustrated with the “older” ones, they don’t want to plan activities because “you young ones” like to “move” too much..ugh! I didn’t sign up for retirement babysitting!!!! We’re trying to persuade our Stake Presidency to splitting us like they do in Salt Lake 30-45 and 45-dead..haha (ok that’s bad but it’s sooo true)
I had my 6 month liver check up, and thus far, I’m doing well, still considered “stable” so that’s good. Not so good is that I went for my yearly check up with the OB/Gyn, and because of my long history of PCOS, I’ve not had a cycle in almost 2 years, but they can’t give me hormones because of my liver, so he did an ultrasound, and he’s afraid I could have cancer, he can’t be sure until the Uterus is removed, so I’m scheduled for a total hysterectomy on March 18th. I will know then if I’ve got cancer, I pray that I don’t for many reasons, it wouldn’t be fun, but I’d deal with it and head it face on. Second, if I have cancer, that takes me out of the running for a Liver Transplant, period. So, I’ll hope that I don’t and I will get through this. The one thing that is keeping me together in all of this (because I wanted more than anything in this world to be a mommy, to have my own babies and raise them) is my faith and my knowledge that Heavenly Father has promised me in my Patriartical Blessing that I will have children through my Eternal Marriage, and I know one day I’ll be blessed beyond measure.
I hope everyone is doing well. Know that this won’t get me, I will fight, but I also will do whatever the Lord has in his plans for me.

4 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Bonnie, I will pray that it is not cancer. Good with with everything.
It was so nice to see you! Tell your family hello.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Sorry, I messed up typing my last comment. I meant good LUCK with everything. :)

Leah and James Bangert Family said...

Wow, Bonnie, I am praying for you too, but I know that whatever happens Heavenly Father will bless you because of your faith and determination. I love you. I am glad to hear that Ryan will be in Missouri, maybe I will get to see him sometime and you too if you come to visit him. By the way, I love the pic of you, you look beautiful and so much like Grandma, my heart swelled when I saw it.

Leah and James Bangert Family said...

Oh, by the way, I have NO idea how big Tooele is, but you wouldn't happen to know Ladonalee or Monty McKendrick would you? I know it is a long shot but I just had to ask.
Love you.