Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's Really April..but the song was in my head!

May…It’s May, the lovely month of may… (I know, the song says lusty…but I thought it would sound better as lovely)
Well, March 18, 2009 I had a total Hysterectomy, including my ovaries and most of my cervix. The doctor was able to do it by scope, but he had a really hard time. At first, the top layer that was rushed to pathology, was non cancerous. However, after the whole thing went to pathology, it was found to have Stage 1 endometrial cancer and it was about the size of a quarter, but the surrounding growing portion was the size of a softball. The doctor said that if I had waited even a month, it would have been too late, it wouldn’t have been contained, and there my chance would have gone out the window, not only for a Liver Transplant, but I may not have been able to do Chemo or Radiation because of the liver.
So, thankfully, they were able to get it all, and I was able to avoid all of that.
I’m truly grateful for the Holy Ghost who never gave up on his promptings for me to get in there.
I’ll write more later…

2 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Bonnie, I'm glad that your surgery went well, and so happy they caught the cancer when they did. I hope you're feeling okay!

Leah and James Bangert Family said...

Oh, Bonnie, I have been praying for you. I am so grateful that the Lord got you in when he did to have that surgery. What a miracle and a blessing. Now I will pray for you to get that Liver transplant soon and for all to go well with it.
I love you.